We recognize that a modern workplace can and should give employees flexibility about their working conditions. Some people thrive in an office environment, while others get distracted and work better from home. Others have family, a dog to walk or a long commute which makes it impractical to always come into the office.
At the same time we value the time we share together in the office and our processes aren’t (yet?) fine-tuned for full remote work.
As a compromise we guarantee each employee one day of home office per week. This is a guideline and can be extended to more days if the project allows it. Speak to your team if you want or need more.
If you want to work from home, here is what you need to keep in mind:
- Let your team and especially your project lead know at the latest one day before during working hours.
- You add your home office day to the out-of-office calendar so the rest of the team is aware.
- If you run out of tasks, you actively look for new stuff to work on.
- We can generally reach you via Slack or phone and are available for standups and meetings.
- Note that your project lead might veto at any time in case something urgent comes up.