We know time tracking can be tedious and is usually not something people enjoy doing, but it helps us a lot in preventing wrong estimations and working over-hours.
We try to keep things as simple as possible. Since we have a 38 hour work week instead of 40 hours, it is a little bit more tricky though.
So here are the general rules:
- You should make sure to track 38 hours per week.
- Usually we work 8 hours from Monday to Thursday and 6 hours on Friday (=38 hours).
- You can stay longer or leave earlier as long as you make up for it on a different day and talk to your team about it.
- Holidays and sick days are special: they need to be booked as a 7,6 hour work day.
- If one or multiple holidays/sick days result in less than 38 hours for a week, you need to make up for it on a different day/week. Likewise if they result in more hours, you can leave earlier on a different day.
- Only book time on projects that you’ve actually worked on them. There are jobs for learning, meetings and even socialising in the office, so if that’s what you were doing book this time there. 👯
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask Connie! 🙂